Volunteer With ASM
Participate in activities designed to help members enhance their career and professional development.
ASM Distinguished and Waksman Foundation Lecturer Program (Deadline: Nov. 16, 2021)
The American Society for Microbiology Distinguished and Waksman Foundation Lecturer (ASMDL) program consists of a scientifically-diverse roster of 16-20 lecturers who present at ASM Branch meetings throughout the U.S. ASMDL lecturers also participate in career development and mentoring activities at branch meetings that benefit students, postdocs and early career scientists. Waksman Foundation Lecturers have specific expertise in antibiotics, translational research and/or environmental microbiology, and are supported by an endowment from the Waksman Foundation for Microbiology.
Nominations are open Aug.1 - Nov.16, 2021.
Clinical Microbiology Mentoring Subcommittee
The Clinical Microbiology Mentoring Subcommittee educates junior clinical and public health microbiologists on career growth opportunities and provides them with resources to advance their careers.
- Three years.
- One to 5 hours per month.
Responsibilities and Expectations
- One subcommittee call per month.
- Create content for asm.org.
- Assist in the mentor program at the ASM Microbe meeting.
- Willingness to respond to email requests for career information and informational interviews.
- Must be an ASM member.
- Must work in a clinical or public health microbiology laboratory.
- Email your curriculum vitae (CV) and a paragraph highlighting the reason(s) you would like the opportunity (250 word limit) to Nicole Jackson, firstname.lastname@example.org.