Recognizes an outstanding scientist with distinguished research achievements in the development of products, processes and technologies that have advanced the microbial sciences.
EligibilityThe nominee must demonstrate outstanding accomplishment in applied and/or biotechnological research or development. The nominee should be actively engaged in research or development at the time that the nomination is made. The nomination can be based on a single exceptionally significant achievement or the aggregate of a number of exemplary achievements. While scientists at any career stage are eligible, this award is best suited for established investigators.
ApplyNominations must have both items:
- Nomination Form. Nominator will need to create a free ASM account, or log in to his or her current ASM account to complete the nomination. Self-nominations will not be accepted.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) of the nominee is required to complete the nomination. After the nomination form is submitted by the nominator, the nominee will be contacted by ASM and asked to enter highlights from their CVs on a CV template or provide their current CV. Completing the CV template is highly recommended; however, the Selection Committee will accept either the template or the nominee’s current CV.
- Self-nominations will not be accepted.
- Nominations will be considered without updating for 3 years.
- More than 1 nomination per nominee will not be accepted.
- Only 1 nominator and 2 references are accepted per nomination.
- Of the 3 participants in a nomination (nominator and 2 references), only 1 can be from the same employment unit (e.g., department, institute, center, company) as the nominee.
- Please note: the references are not required to submit statements; they will only be contacted if the committee requires more information regarding the nomination.
- Deadline for nominations is June 28, 2021.
Questions? Contact email@example.com.