The ASM Award for Basic Research recognizes an outstanding scientist whose discoveries have been fundamental to advancing our understanding of the microbial world.
2022 ASM Basic Research Awardee
The Pennsylvania State University
EligibilityNominees must demonstrate outstanding accomplishment in basic microbiological research and be actively engaged in research at the time that the nomination is made. Nominations can be based on a single exceptionally significant achievement or the aggregate of several exemplary achievements, as documented by original publications in peer-reviewed journals. This award will be made to an established investigator with a sustained and exceptional record of accomplishment.
Nominators must address how the nominees meet the criteria and how they have gone “above and beyond” to contribute to the field.
ApplyNominations must include:
- Nomination Form. Nominator will need to create a free ASM account, or log in to their current ASM account, to complete the nomination. Self-nominations will not be accepted (in other words, you cannot nominate yourself for the award).
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) of the nominee is required to complete the nomination. After the nomination form is submitted by the nominator, the nominee will be contacted by ASM and asked to enter highlights from their CVs on a CV template or provide their current CV. The selection committee will accept either the template or the nominee’s current CV; however, submission of the nominee's full CV is preferred for this award.
- Self-nominations will not be accepted.
- Submission of nominee's full CV is preferred for this award.
- Nominations will be considered without updating for 3 years.
- More than 1 nomination per nominee will not be accepted.
- Only 1 nominator and 2 supporters are accepted per nomination.
- Of the 3 participants in a nomination (nominator and 2 supporters), only 1 can be from the same employment unit (e.g., department, institute, center, company) as the nominee.
- Supporters should not submit a letter of support at the time the nomination is made. They will be contacted during the selection process only if the selection committee requires additional information about the nominee.
- Deadline for nominations is June 20, 2022.
Questions? Contact email@example.com.