Recognizes an early career investigator with distinguished research achievements in the development of products, processes and technologies that have advanced the microbial sciences.
EligibilityThe nominee must be an early career investigator, which is defined as one who is within 10 years of their terminal degree (NIH time period). The nominee must demonstrate outstanding accomplishment in applied and/or biotechnological research or development. The nominee should be actively engaged in research or development at the time that the nomination is made. The nomination can be based on a single exceptionally significant achievement or the aggregate of a number of exemplary achievements.
ApplyNominations must have both items:
- Nomination Form (coming soon). Nominator will need to create a free ASM account, or log in to his or her current ASM account to complete the nomination.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV), including a list of publications. Nominators will be directed to attach the nominee's CV to the online nomination form during the nomination process.
- Nominations will be considered without updating for 3 years.
- Self-nominations will not be accepted.
- More than 1 nomination per nominee will not be accepted.
- Only 1 nominator and 2 references are accepted per nomination.
- Of the 3 participants in a nomination (nominator and 2 references), only 1 can be from the same employment unit (e.g., department, institute, center, company) as the nominee.
- Please note: the references are not required to submit statements; they will only be contacted if the committee requires more information regarding the nomination.
- Deadline for nominations is June 28, 2021.
ASM awards are granted at the discretion of award selection committees and may not be awarded every year.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.