Recognizes an early career investigator with distinguished basic research achievements in the microbial sciences.
EligibilityThe nominee must be an early career investigator, within 10 years of terminal degree (NIH time period). Nominees must demonstrate outstanding accomplishment in basic microbiological research, independent of their former mentors, and be actively engaged in research at the time that the nomination is made. The nomination can be based on a single exceptionally significant achievement or the aggregate of several exemplary achievements, as documented by original research publications.
ApplyNominations must have both items:
- Nomination Form. Nominator will need to create a free ASM account, or log in to his or her current ASM account to complete the nomination.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) of the nominee is required to complete the nomination. After the nomination form is submitted by the nominator, the nominee will be contacted by ASM and asked to enter highlights from their CVs on a CV template or provide their current CV. Completing the CV template is highly recommended; however, the Selection Committee will accept either the template or the nominee’s current CV.
- Nominations will be considered without updating for 3 years.
- Self-nominations will not be accepted.
- More than 1 nomination per nominee will not be accepted.
- Only 1 nominator and 2 references are accepted per nomination.
- Of the 3 participants in a nomination (nominator and 2 references), only 1 can be from the same employment unit (e.g., department, institute, center, company) as the nominee.
- Please note: the references are not required to submit statements; they will only be contacted if the committee requires more information regarding the nomination.
- Deadline for nominations is June 28, 2021.
Questions? Contact email@example.com.