Recognizes an early career investigator with distinguished basic research achievements in the microbial sciences.
EligibilityThe nominee must be an early career investigator, within 10 years of terminal degree (NIH time period). Nominees must demonstrate outstanding accomplishment in basic microbiological research independent of their former mentors and be actively engaged in research at the time that the nomination is made. The nomination can be based on a single exceptionally significant achievement or the aggregate of several exemplary achievements, as documented by original research publications.
- Nominations will be considered without updating for 3 years.
- Self-nominations will not be accepted.
- More than 1 nomination per nominee will not be accepted.
- Only 1 nominator and 2 references are accepted per nomination.
- Of the 3 participants in a nomination (nominator and 2 references), only 1 can be from the same employment unit (e.g., department, institute, center, company) as the nominee.
- Please note: the references are not required to submit statements; they will only be contacted if the committee requires more information regarding the nomination.
- Deadline for nominations is June 28, 2020.
Nominations must consist of the following:
- Nomination Form (Note: The nomination form is an online form; Nominator will need to create an ASM account, or log in to his or her current ASM account to complete the nomination.)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV), including a list of publications; Nominators will be directed to attach the nominee's CV to the online nomination form during the nomination process.
Questions? Contact email@example.com.