The ASM Award for Early Career Environmental Research recognizes an early career investigator with distinguished research achievements that have improved our understanding of microbes in the environment, including aquatic, terrestrial and atmospheric settings.
2022 ASM Early Career Environmental Research Awardee
University of Wisconsin-Madison
EligibilityNominees must be early career investigators, within 10 years of their terminal degree (NIH time period). Nominees must demonstrate outstanding accomplishment in environmental microbiological research, independent of their former mentors, and be actively engaged in research at the time the nomination is made. Nominations can be based on a single exceptionally significant achievement or the aggregate of a number of exemplary achievements.
Nominators must address how the nominees meet the criteria and how they have gone “above and beyond” to contribute to the field.
ApplyNominations must include:
- Nomination Form. Nominator will need to create a free ASM account, or log in to their current ASM account, to complete the nomination. Self-nominations will not be accepted (in other words, you cannot nominate yourself for the award).
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) of the nominee is required to complete the nomination. After the nomination form is submitted by the nominator, the nominee will be contacted by ASM and asked to enter highlights from their CVs on a CV template or provide their current CV. Completing the CV template is highly recommended; however, the selection committee will accept either the template or the nominee’s current CV.
- Self-nominations will not be accepted.
- Nominations will be considered without updating for 3 years.
- More than 1 nomination per nominee will not be accepted.
- Only 1 nominator and 2 supporters are accepted per nomination.
- Of the 3 participants in a nomination (nominator and 2 supporters), only 1 can be from the same employment unit (e.g., department, institute, center, company) as the nominee.
- Supporters should not submit a letter of support at the time the nomination is made. They will be contacted during the selection process only if the selection committee requires additional information about the nominee.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.