Recognizes general excellence in microbiology education. Education is broadly defined and meant to include any and all activities that inform and motivate students about the discipline of Microbiology.
EligibilityThe nominee must be currently teaching microbiology in a recognized college or university, with a substantial portion of his or her time during the past five years devoted to teaching and mentoring graduate students in microbiology, and a minimum of 10 years total teaching experience. The nominee may have engaged in research or other concerns, provided that teaching and mentoring graduate students remained a substantial activity.
- Nominations will be considered without updating for 3 years.
- Self-nominations will not be accepted.
- More than one nomination per nominee will not be accepted.
- Only one nominator and two references are accepted per nomination.
- Of the three participants in a nomination (nominator and two references), only one can be from the same employment unit (e.g., department, institute, center, company) as the nominee.
- Please note: the references are not required to submit statements; they will only be contacted if the committee requires more information regarding the nomination.
Nominations must consist of the following:
- Curriculum vitae, including a list of publications, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nominations are closed for the 2020 ASM Awards
ASM awards are granted at the discretion of award selection committees and may not be awarded every year.