Recognizes general excellence in microbiology education. Education is broadly defined and meant to include any and all activities that inform and motivate students about the discipline of microbiology.
EligibilityThe nominee must be currently teaching microbiology at a recognized college or university, with a substantial portion of his or her time during the past 5 years devoted to teaching and mentoring graduate students in microbiology, and a minimum of 10 years total teaching experience. The nominee may have engaged in research or other concerns, provided that teaching and mentoring graduate students remained a substantial activity.
ApplyNominations must have both items:
- Nomination Form. Nominator will need to create a free ASM account, or log in to his or her current ASM account to complete the nomination. Self-nominations will not be accepted.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) of the nominee is required to complete the nomination. After the nomination form is submitted by the nominator, the nominee will be contacted by ASM and asked to enter highlights from their CVs on a CV template or provide their current CV. Completing the CV template is highly recommended; however, the Selection Committee will accept either the template or the nominee’s current CV.
- Self-nominations will not be accepted.
- Nominations will be considered without updating for 3 years.
- More than 1 nomination per nominee will not be accepted.
- Only 1 nominator and 2 references are accepted per nomination.
- Of the 3 participants in a nomination (nominator and 2 references), only 1 can be from the same employment unit (e.g., department, institute, center, company) as the nominee.
- Please note: the references are not required to submit statements; they will only be contacted if the committee requires more information regarding the nomination.
- Deadline for nominations is June 28, 2021.
Questions? Contact email@example.com.