ASM Award for Service recognizes outstanding contributions through service to the microbiological community.
2022 ASM Service Awardee
University of Florida College of Medicine-Jacksonville and University of Florida Health Jacksonville
EligibilityNominees must have demonstrated a commitment to furthering the goals of ASM and the ability to inspire commitment from others that has yielded significant contributions to the membership of ASM and its various audiences. Nominees must be current ASM members in good standing, who have served in a volunteer capacity for ASM (e.g., as members of committees or editorial boards, or as workshop leaders, etc.) for multiple years, have not held office as ASM President, Secretary or Treasurer, and are not currently serving on the ASM Board of Directors.
ApplyNominations must include:
- Nomination Form. Nominator will need to create a free ASM account, or log in to their current ASM account, to complete the nomination. Self-nominations will not be accepted (in other words, you cannot nominate yourself for the award).
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) of the nominee is required to complete the nomination. After the nomination form is submitted by the nominator, the nominee will be contacted by ASM and asked to enter highlights from their CVs on a CV template or provide their current CV. Completing the CV template is highly recommended; however, the selection committee will accept either the template or the nominee’s current CV.
- Self-nominations will not be accepted.
- Nominations will be considered without updating for 3 years.
- More than 1 nomination per nominee will not be accepted.
- Only 1 nominator and 2 supporters are accepted per nomination.
- Of the 3 participants in a nomination (nominator and 2 supporters), only 1 can be from the same employment unit (e.g., department, institute, center, company) as the nominee.
- Supporters should not submit a letter of support at the time the nomination is made. They will be contacted during the selection process only if the selection committee requires additional information about the nominee.
- Deadline for nominations is June 20, 2022.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.