Recognizes outstanding contributions through service to the microbiological community.
EligibilityThe nominee should have demonstrated a commitment to furthering the goals of ASM and the ability to inspire commitment from others that has yielded significant contributions to the membership of ASM and its various audiences. The nominee must be an ASM member in good standing who has served in a volunteer capacity for ASM at the national level (e.g., as a member of committees or editorial boards, or as a workshop leader) for multiple years, and has not held office as ASM President, Secretary, Treasurer or Chair of a CPC Board or the American Academy of Microbiology.
ApplyNominations must have both items:
- Nomination Form. Nominator will need to create a free ASM account, or log in to his or her current ASM account to complete the nomination. Self-nominations will not be accepted.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) of the nominee is required to complete the nomination. After the nomination form is submitted by the nominator, the nominee will be contacted by ASM and asked to enter highlights from their CVs on a CV template or provide their current CV. Completing the CV template is highly recommended; however, the Selection Committee will accept either the template or the nominee’s current CV.
- Self-nominations will not be accepted.
- Nominations will be considered without updating for 3 years.
- More than 1 nomination per nominee will not be accepted.
- Only 1 nominator and 2 references are accepted per nomination.
- Of the 3 participants in a nomination (nominator and 2 references), only 1 can be from the same employment unit (e.g., department, institute, center, company) as the nominee.
- Please note: the references are not required to submit statements; they will only be contacted if the committee requires more information regarding the nomination.
- Deadline for nominations is June 28, 2021.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.