Recognizes outstanding contributions through service to the microbiological community.
EligibilityThe nominee should have demonstrated a commitment to furthering the goals of the ASM and the ability to inspire commitment from others that has yielded significant contributions to the membership of ASM and its various audiences. The nominee must be an ASM member in good standing who has served in a volunteer capacity for ASM at the national level (e.g., as a member of committees or editorial boards, or as a workshop leader) for multiple years, and has not held office as ASM President, Secretary, Treasurer or Chair of a CPC Board or the American Academy of Microbiology.
ApplyNominations must have both items:
- Nomination Form (coming soon). Nominator will need to create a free ASM account, or log in to his or her current ASM account to complete the nomination.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV), including a list of publications. Nominators will be directed to attach the nominee's CV to the online nomination form during the nomination process.
- Nominations will be considered without updating for 3 years.
- Self-nominations will not be accepted.
- More than 1 nomination per nominee will not be accepted.
- Only 1 nominator and 2 references are accepted per nomination.
- Of the 3 participants in a nomination (nominator and 2 references), only 1 can be from the same employment unit (e.g., department, institute, center, company) as the nominee.
- Please note: the references are not required to submit statements; they will only be contacted if the committee requires more information regarding the nomination.
- Deadline for nominations is June 28, 2021.
ASM awards are granted at the discretion of award selection committees and may not be awarded every year.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.