Recognizes an educator for outstanding teaching of microbiology to undergraduate students and for encouraging them to subsequent achievement.
EligibilityThe nominee must be currently teaching microbiology in a recognized college or university, with a substantial portion of his or her time during the past 5 years devoted to teaching undergraduate students in microbiology, and a minimum of 10 years total teaching experience. The nominee may have engaged in research or other concerns, provided that teaching undergraduates remained a substantial activity. International educators are also eligible.
- Nominations will be considered without updating for 3 years.
- Self-nominations will not be accepted.
- More than 1 nomination per nominee will not be accepted.
- Only 1 nominator and 2 references are accepted per nomination.
- Of the 3 participants in a nomination (nominator and 2 references), only 1 can be from the same employment unit (e.g., department, institute, center, company) as the nominee.
- Please note: the references are not required to submit statements; they will only be contacted if the committee requires more information regarding the nomination.
- Deadline for nominations is June 28, 2020.
- Nomination Form (Note: The nomination form is an online form; Nominator will need to create an ASM account, or log in to his or her current ASM account to complete the nomination.)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV), including a list of publications; Nominators will be directed to attach the nominee's CV to the online nomination form during the nomination process.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.