Recognizes distinguished accomplishments in interdisciplinary research and mentoring in microbiology. This award honors D.C. White, who was known for his interdisciplinary scientific approach and for being a dedicated and inspiring mentor.
EligibilityConsideration will be given to the breadth of the nominee's contributions, as well as their originality and overall impact. There are no age restrictions, but the nominee must have a distinguished record of accomplishments in microbiological research. Nominees in all areas of microbiology will be considered.
ApplyNominations must have both items:
- Nomination Form (coming soon). Nominator will need to create a free ASM account, or log in to his or her current ASM account to complete the nomination.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV), including a list of publications. Nominators will be directed to attach the nominee's CV to the online nomination form during the nomination process.
- Nominations will be considered without updating for 3 years.
- Self-nominations will not be accepted.
- More than 1 nomination per nominee will not be accepted.
- Only 1 nominator and 2 references are accepted per nomination.
- Of the 3 participants in a nomination (nominator and 2 references), only 1 can be from the same employment unit (e.g., department, institute, center, company) as the nominee.
- Please note: the references are not required to submit statements; they will only be contacted if the committee requires more information regarding the nomination.
- Deadline for nominations is June 28, 2021.
ASM awards are granted at the discretion of award selection committees and may not be awarded every year.
Questions? Contact email@example.com.