Recognizes distinguished accomplishments in interdisciplinary research and mentoring in microbiology. This award honors D.C. White, who was known for his interdisciplinary scientific approach and for being a dedicated and inspiring mentor.
EligibilityConsideration will be given to the breadth of the nominee's contributions, as well as their originality and overall impact. There are no age restrictions, but the nominee must have a distinguished record of accomplishments in microbiological research. Nominees in all areas of microbiology will be considered.
- Nominations will be considered without updating for 3 years.
- Self-nominations will not be accepted.
- More than one nomination per nominee will not be accepted.
- Only one nominator and two references are accepted per nomination.
- Of the three participants in a nomination (nominator and two references), only one can be from the same employment unit (e.g., department, institute, center, company) as the nominee.
- Please note: the references are not required to submit statements; they will only be contacted if the committee requires more information regarding the nomination.
Nominations must consist of the following:
- Curriculum vitae, including a list of publications, emailed to email@example.com
- Nominations are closed for the 2020 ASM Awards
ASM awards are granted at the discretion of award selection committees and may not be awarded every year.