The ASM D.C. White Award for Interdisciplinary Research recognizes distinguished accomplishments in interdisciplinary research and mentoring in microbiology. This award honors David C. White, who was known for his interdisciplinary scientific approach and for being a dedicated and inspiring mentor.
2022 ASM D.C. White Awardee
University of California, San Diego
ApplyNominations must include:
- Nomination Form. Nominator will need to create a free ASM account, or log in to his or her current ASM account, to complete the nomination. Self-nominations will not be accepted (in other words, you cannot nominate yourself for the award).
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) of the nominee is required to complete the nomination. After the nomination form is submitted by the nominator, the nominee will be contacted by ASM and asked to enter highlights from his/her CV on a CV template or provide a current CV. Completing the CV template is highly recommended; however, the selection committee will accept either the template or the nominee’s current CV.
- List of graduate students, postdoctoral fellows, and/or junior faculty mentored by nominee. This list may be part of the CV or entered on the nomination form.
- Self-nominations will not be accepted.
- Nominations will be considered without updating for 3 years.
- More than 1 nomination per nominee will not be accepted.
- Only 1 nominator and 2 supporters are accepted per nomination.
- Of the 3 participants in a nomination (nominator and 2 supporters), only 1 can be from the same employment unit (e.g., department, institute, center, company) as the nominee.
- Supporters should not submit a letter of support at the time the nomination is made. They will be contacted during the selection process only if the selection committee requires additional information about the nominee.
Questions? Contact email@example.com.