- Developing and supporting data standards, ontologies, and technological advances to support collection, description, and distribution of microbiome data.
- Establishing and maintaining open-source scientific software in support of microbiome data processing or analysis that supports best practices in the field.
- Taking innovative approaches to analyze microbiome data to deliver new insights and/or partnerships.
- Advancing data management systems, repositories, or knowledge bases to support access and distribution of microbiome data.
- Championing data stewardship through teaching, training, mentoring, or other engagement activities to substantially support microbiome data science.
North Carolina State University
2023 ASM Microbiome Data Prize Awardee
- 2022 - Patrick Schloss.
EligibilityApplicants must demonstrate outstanding accomplishments in open data science and data management for microbiological research. Applicants should clearly outline the outcome(s) and impact(s) of their work on the research community. Applications can be based on a single exceptionally significant achievement or the aggregate of a number of exemplary achievements. Scientists at any career stage are eligible.
** Note: The Prize recognizes an individual contribution to a research project. The application must clearly demonstrate the unique contribution of the individual.
- Demonstrated scientific contributions towards data stewardship, data analysis, open science and a lasting commitment to advancing microbiome data science.
- Data or software that are publicly available and accessible will be a plus.
- Clear impact beyond a singular scientific output as evidenced by usage within the research community.
- Strong letters of support from non-funded collaborators or research community members on data or software contributions.
Please note the following:
- Applications will be considered without updating for 3 years.
- Each individual can only submit 1 application per year.
- Letters of support from 2 non-funded collaborators must be submitted. ASM will invite supporters identified by the applicant to submit their letters of support electronically.
- The 2 supporters cannot be in the same employment unit (e.g., department, institute, center, company) as the applicant.
- Application Form. (Note: The application form is an online form. ASM membership is not required to apply. However, each applicant will need to create an ASM account, or log in to his or her current ASM account, to complete the application).
- Curriculum Vitae (CV), including a list of publications.
- Two Letters of Support from non-funded collaborators.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.