- Development and ongoing support for data standards, ontologies and technological advances to support collection, description and distribution of microbiome data.
- Establishing and maintaining open-source scientific software in support of microbiome data processing or analysis that supports best practices in the field.
- Advancing data management systems, repositories or knowledgebases to support access and distribution of microbiome data.
- Championing data stewardship through teaching, training, mentorship or other engagement activities to substantially support microbiome data science.
EligibilityApplicants must demonstrate outstanding accomplishments in open data science and data management for microbiological research. Applicants should clearly outline the outcome(s) and impact(s) of their work on the research community. The application can be based on a single exceptionally significant achievement or the aggregate of a number of exemplary achievements. Scientists at any career stage are eligible.
The prize recognizes an individual contribution to a research project(s). The application must clearly demonstrate the unique contribution of the individual.
- Demonstrated scientific contributions towards data stewardship, open science and a lasting commitment to advancing microbiome data science.
- Data or software that are publicly available and accessible will be a plus.
- Clear impact beyond a singular scientific output as evidenced by usage within the research community.
- Strong letters of support from non-funded collaborators or research community members on data or software contributions.
ApplyApplications must consist of the following:
- Application Form. ASM membership is not required to apply. However, each applicant will need to create an ASM account, or log in to his or her current ASM account, to complete the application.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) – Applicants will be required to enter highlights from their CVs on the prize application form.
- 2 Letters of Support from non-funded collaborators.
- Applications will be considered without updating for 3 years.
- Each individual can only submit 1 application.
- 2 letters of support from non-funded collaborators are required. Applicant will identify supporters, who will then each be contacted to submit a letter of support.
- The 2 supporters cannot be in the same employment unit (e.g., department, institute, center, company) as the applicant.
- Deadline to submit the complete application, including the 2 letters of support, is June 28, 2021 11:59 pm EDT.
ASM awards and prizes are granted at the discretion of award selection committees and may not be awarded every year.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.