The ASM Moselio Schaechter Award in Recognition of a Developing-Country Microbiologist, named in honor of Professor Moselio Schaechter, former ASM President, recognizes a scientist who has shown exemplary leadership and commitment towards the substantial furthering of the profession of microbiology in research, education or technology in the developing world.
2023 ASM Moselio Schaechter Awardee
Shahida Hasnain, Ph.D.
Nominees must be national or permanent residents of a qualifying country and have or have had full-time professional appointments in the microbiological sciences or a related field for at least 10 years in a country or region of the developing world. Nominees must be active ASM members at the time of nomination. Nominees may not be serving on the ASM Board of Directors at the time of nomination.
ApplyNominations must include:
- Nomination Form. Nominator will need to create a free ASM account, or log in to their current ASM account, to complete the nomination. Self-nominations will not be accepted (in other words, you cannot nominate yourself for the award).
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) of the nominee is required to complete the nomination. After the nomination form is submitted by the nominator, the nominee will be contacted by ASM and asked to enter highlights from their CVs on a CV template or provide their current CV. Completing the CV template is highly recommended; however, the selection committee will accept either the template or the nominee’s current CV.
- Self-nominations will not be accepted.
- Nominations will be considered without updating for 3 years.
- More than 1 nomination per nominee will not be accepted.
- Only 1 nominator and 2 supporters are accepted per nomination.
- Of the 3 participants in a nomination (nominator and 2 supporters), only 1 can be from the same employment unit (e.g., department, institute, center, company) as the nominee.
- Supporters should not submit a letter of support at the time the nomination is made. They will be contacted during the selection process only if the selection committee requires additional information about the nominee.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.