Microbial Minutes: The Deworming and Evolving Gut Microbiome Editions
What's hot in the microbial sciences? ASM summarizes microbiology news and reports in Microbial Minutes, a weekly news roundup. Watch the YouTube session for summaries and major findings, and read the reports and news coverage for yourself below. What should we highlight next time? Leave a suggestion in our comments section!
Easton AV et al. The Impact of Anthelmintic Treatment on Human Gut Microbiota Based on Cross-Sectional and Pre- and Postdeworming Comparisons in Western Kenya. mBio. April 23 2019.
- Medibulletin: Deworming Programs Safe – Do Not Alter Gut Microflora
- ASM Press Release: Study Shines Light on Safety of Deworming Programs
Zhao S. et al. Adaptive Evolution within Gut Microbiomes of Healthy People. Cell Host & Microbe. April 23 2019.
- Interesting Engineering: Gut Bacteria Evolve to Perfectly Tailor Themselves to Your Body
- Science Daily: Meet B. fragilis, a Bacterium that moves into your Gut and Evolves to Make Itself at Home
- Tami Lieberman (Study Coauthor): Twitter Thread on CHM Report