Microbial Minutes: The Discovery of Enterovirus Antibodies in Acute Flaccid Paralysis and Lactobacilli Adhesion Edition
What's hot in the microbial sciences? ASM summarizes microbiology news and reports in Microbial Minutes, a biweekly news roundup. Watch the YouTube session for summaries and major findings, and read the reports and news coverage for yourself below. What should we highlight next time? Leave a suggestion in our comments section!
Mishra N et al. Antibodies to Enteroviruses in Cerebrospinal Fluid of Patients with Acute Flaccid Myelitis. mBio. August 12 2019.
- NIH Press Release: Enterovirus Antibodies Detected in Acute Flaccid Myelitis Patients.
- WPXI News Story: Researchers Close to Finding Cause for AFM, Possible Cure.
- Virology Blog: Enterovirus D68 and Childhood Paralysis.
- This Week in Virology 515: When Virus is in Retrograde.
Zeng Z. et al. Functional Characterization of Putative Adhesion Factors in Vaginal Lactobacillus gasseri DSM 14869. Applied and Environmental Microbiology. August 16 2019.
- ASM Press Release: Researchers Show How Probiotics Benefit Vaginal Health.
- mBio Report: Edwards V.L. et al. The Cervicovaginal Microbiota-Host Interaction Modulates Chlamydia trachomatis infection. mBio. August 13 2019.
- MicroTalk: Trivia about Chlamydia: Sexually Transmitted Disease with Mary Weber.