Microbial Minutes: Gut Microbiomes, TB, and Probiotics Edition
What's hot in the microbial sciences? ASM summarizes microbiology news and reports in Microbial Minutes, a weekly news roundup. Watch the YouTube session for summaries and major findings, and read the reports and news coverage for yourself below. What should we highlight next time? Leave a suggestion in our comments section!
Negatu D.A. et al. Gut Microbiota Metabolite Indole Propionic Acid Targets Tryptophan Biosynthesis in Mycobacterium tuberculosis. mBio. March 26 2019.
- Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy screen: Whole-Cell Screen of Fragment Library Identifies Gut Microbiota Metabolite Indole Propionic Acid as Antitubercular.
- STAT First Opinion: Ending Tuberculosis: We Can Get There with a New Roadmap.
- Nature Medicine Editorial: Mechanism Matters.
Crook N. et al. Adaptive Strategies of the Candidate Probiotic E. coli Nissle in the Mammalian Gut. Cell Host & Microbe. March 26 2019 .
- Dr. Gautam Dantas explains his research findings on YouTube
- Washington University Press Release: Probiotic Bacteria Evolve Inside Mice's GI Tracts.
- STAT News:Probiotics Evolve Inside Mice, a Path that Could Affect Humans, too.