Microbial Minutes: Changes in AMR in Livestock and Coccidioides Range
What's hot in the microbial sciences? ASM summarizes microbiology news and reports in Microbial Minutes, a biweekly news roundup. Watch the YouTube session for summaries and major findings, and read the reports and news coverage for yourself below. What should we highlight next time? Leave a suggestion in our comments section!
Gorris M. E. et al. Expansion of Coccidiodomycosis Endemic Regions in the United States in Response to Climate Change. GeoHealth. August 30 2019.
- AAM Report: One Health: Fungal Pathogens of Humans, Animals, and Plants
- KUNR: Climate Change May Bring Valley Fever to More of the Mountain West
- Popular Science: This Deadly Fungal Disease Could Use Climate Change to Mobilize
Van Boeckel T.P. et al. Global Treands in Antimicrobial Resistance among Low- and Middle-Income Countries. Science. September 20 2019.
- Science perspective: Changes in Antibiotic Resistance in Animals
- Nature News: Alarm as Antimicrobial Resistance Surges Among Chickens, Pigs and Cattle