Laboratory Response Network (LRN) Sentinel Level Clinical Laboratory Protocols
In coordination with the Association of Public Health Laboratories (APHL), ASM has updated protocols designed to offer Laboratory Response Network (LRN) Sentinel Level Clinical Laboratories standardized, practical methods and techniques to rule out microorganisms suspected as agents of bioterrorism, or to refer specimens to public health laboratories for confirmation.
- APHL List of State Public Health Laboratory Emergency Contacts.
- Laboratory Response Network Information.
- Definition of LRN Sentinel Laboratories.
- General Introduction, Recommendations and Biochemical Procedures.
- Summary and Utilization of Select Agent Forms.
If you have any questions about the guidelines, please contact ASM's Clinical and Public Health Microbiology Committee.
Anthrax (Bacillus anthracis)
BT Readiness Plan (.PDF)
Novel Influenza Viruses
Packing and Shipping
Plague (Yersinia pestis)
Staphylococcal Enterotoxin B
Tularemia (Francisella tularensis)