Become an ASM Country Ambassador
Want a leadership role in ASM’s mission to promote and advance the microbial sciences? Represent ASM in your home country by becoming an ASM Country Ambassador.
Country Ambassadors are senior scientists who connect ASM members across the globe, building relationships with key institutions, facilitating partnerships and responding to the needs of the local scientific community. There are currently 90 ASM Country Ambassadors.
- Opportunity to play a leadership role in ASM’s mission to promote and advance the microbial sciences worldwide.
- Prestige of being an official ASM representative to microbiologists in your country.
- Opportunity to network with other scientific leaders worldwide.
To qualify, you must have the following:
- Current ASM membership. Join or renew at www.asm.org/membership.
- A Ph.D., or equivalent terminal degree in a microbiology-related field OR a graduate degree and 10 years post-academic experience.
- At least 3 microbiology-related papers in last 5 years.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in English.
- At least 5 hours per month to commit to Ambassador activities.
The next application cycle will be Fall 2020.
Applications must include the following:
- Curriculum Vitae.
- ASM and non-ASM meetings regularly attended.
- Membership in national, regional, and international scientific societies.
- Cover letter explaining interest in position, relevant skills, and experience.
- Action plan of proposed activities for the calendar year.
- Letter of recommendation from an ASM member.