Become an ASM Ambassador
Further your science and career with ASM! ASM Young Ambassadors are dynamic early-career leaders who represent ASM in their local scientific communities, facilitating networking, professional development and collaboration to strengthen science globally. This prestigious volunteer position is open to students and early-career scientists in the United States and around the world who are interested in working with ASM.
Ideal candidates will have a desire to be leaders:
- Work with the other ASM Young Ambassadors of Science around the globe to promote and advance the microbial sciences (and make great friends too)!
- Promote networking and collaboration within your local science community.
- Advance collaboration between ASM and local universities.
- Address the needs of young scientists utilizing ASM resources.
- Instill a passion for science in the next generation.
- Be an official ASM representative.
To qualify, you must have the following:
- Current ASM membership. Join or renew at www.asm.org/membership
- Current enrollment as a student or Ph.D. candidate, or have earned a Ph.D. within the past 5 years.
- Demonstrated leadership in your scientific or academic community.
Applications for 2022 Young Ambassadors are currently closed.
Applications must include the following:
- Curriculum Vitae.
- ASM and non-ASM meetings regularly attended.
- Membership in national, regional and international scientific societies.
- Cover letter explaining the member's interest in becoming a Young Ambassador and highlighting relevant skills, education or experience.
- Action plan with their proposed activities in the Young Ambassador role.
- Letter of recommendation from an ASM member.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you a mid-level or senior scientist interested in volunteering with ASM? Consider applying to be an ASM Country Ambassador.