CVS Continuing Education
Statement of NeedThis international symposium will provide a forum for the meaningful exchange of ideas dealing with viral infections, and is led by biomedical scientists engaged in research and primary care physicians and laboratorians involved with patient care. The relationship between rapid viral diagnosis, clinical course of viral infections and preventive and therapeutic modalities for viral infections is the theme of this three-and one-half day meeting. Discussion of timely topics by renowned scientists assures that this symposium will be informative and interesting. Furthermore, newly acquired information about clinically-relevant viral infections will be useful to practicing physicians who can apply this knowledge in a clinical setting.
Educational Activity Learning ObjectivesUpon completion of this course, the participants should be able to:
- Articulate the pathogenesis of viral diseases and the biology of the viruses that cause them;
- Develop an improved ability to perform and interpret diagnostic virology tests; and
- Apply methods of antiviral therapies and vaccination strategies.
This meeting is being held in collaboration with the Pan American Society for Clinical Virology.
Accreditation StatementThis activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of The France Foundation and the American Society for Microbiology. The France Foundation is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
This meeting is being held in cooperation with the Pan American Society for Clinical Virology.
PhysiciansThe France Foundation designates this live activity for a maximum of 15 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The American Society for Microbiology is an approved provider of continuing education programs in the clinical laboratory sciences through the ASCLS P.A.C.E.® program.
California Clinical Laboratory Personnel – The American Society of Microbiology is accredited by the California Department of Health to offer continuing education for California Clinical Laboratory Personnel. All sessions designated for CME or P.A.C.E.® credits will also qualify California CE credits toward license renewal.
Florida Board of Clinical Laboratory Personnel – The American Society for Microbiology is accredited by the Florida Department of Health to offer continuing education for Florida Clinical Laboratory Personnel. All sessions designated for CME credits will also qualify for Florida CE credits toward license renewal.
Other CE Licenses – You may obtain a Statement of Participation by completing the activity evaluation. This is a detailed statement that documents your participation in the activity.
Disclosure PolicyIn accordance with the ACCME Standards for Commercial Support, The France Foundation (TFF) and The American Society for Microbiology (ASM) require that individuals in a position to control the content of an educational activity disclose all relevant financial relationships with any commercial interest. TFF and ASM resolve all conflicts of interest to ensure independence, objectivity, balance, and scientific rigor in all their educational programs. Furthermore, TFF and ASM seek to verify that all scientific research referred to, reported, or used in a CME/CE activity conforms to the generally accepted standards of experimental design, data collection, and analysis. TFF and ASM are committed to providing learners with high-quality CME/CE activities that promote improvements in health care and not those of a commercial interest.
A listing of faculty disclosures will be made available on the CVS Symposium mobile app.
Activity Staff DisclosuresThe planners, reviewers, editors, staff, CME Committee, or other members at The France Foundation who control content have no relevant financial relationships to disclose. (Disclosures for each speaker is listed in the mobile app as well as a full list of discloures at the registration desk).
Disclosure of Unlabeled UseTFF and ASM require CME faculty (speakers) to disclose when products or procedures being discussed are off label, unlabeled, experimental, and/or investigational, and any limitations on the information that is presented, such as data that are preliminary, or that represent ongoing research, interim analyses, and/or unsupported opinion. Faculty in this activity may discuss information about pharmaceutical agents that is outside of US Food and Drug Administration approved labeling. This information is intended solely for continuing medical education and is not intended to promote off-label use of these medications. TFF and ASM do not recommend the use of any agent outside of the labeled indications. If you have questions, contact the Medical Affairs Department of the manufacturer for the most recent prescribing information.
Education DisclaimerThe primary purpose of the sessions at CVS is education. Information presented, as well as publications, technologies, products, and/or services discussed, are intended to inform you about the knowledge, techniques, and experiences of professionals who are willing to share such information with colleagues. A diversity of professional opinions exists in the fields discussed at CVS and the views of the CVA faculty are offered solely for educational purposes. Faculty's views neither represent those of ASM nor constitute endorsement by the association. The ASM disclaims any and all liabilities for damages to any individual attending CVS and for all claims which may result from the use of this information, publications, technologies, products, and/or services at CVS.
How to claim CE CreditsClaim Credits using ce.asm.org.
- Keep your badge! You will need your registration confirmation number or badge ID to claim your credits.
- Login to the ASM CE Portal with your ASM Single Sign On (SSO) user name and password. If you do not have a user name and password, select the “Need Help Logging In?” link.
- Once logged in, you will be directed to your “My Activities” page.
- Click on the “Claim Credits for Live Meetings” button on the right side of the screen.
- Select “35th Annual Clinical Virology Symposium” from the Available Activities table.
- On the Activities Overview Page, scroll to the bottom of the page to enter your badge ID. The badge ID may be obtained from your printed badge or from your emailed confirmation letter.
- Select which session you attended and are claiming credits for. Choose what type of credit you would like to claim. The Clinical Virology Symposium offers four types of continuing education credit. Please choose the certificate that is applicable to your needs:
- Continuing Medical Education for physicians AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- Professional Acknowledgment for Continuing Education (P.A.C.E.®)
- California Clinical Laboratory Personnel (CLS)
- Florida Clinical Laboratory Personnel
- Participation (no credit provided)
- Answer evaluation questions and submit.