U.S. Government Releases Proposed Policy for Dual Use Research of Concern
The Office of Science and Technology Policy (OSTP) released for public review and comment the proposed policy for institutional oversight of life sciences dual use research of concern. The policy is posted on the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Science Safety Security (S3) Website. Also posted on the same website is the revised Framework for Department of Health and Human Services Funding Decisions about research proposals with the potential for generating highly pathogenic avian influenza H5Nl viruses that are transmissible among mammals by respiratory droplets. The new USG Policy for Institutional Oversight of Life Sciences DURC is also published in the Federal Register for public comment within the next 60 days.
- DHHS Science Safety Security (S3) Website
- Federal Register Notice: United States Government Policy for Institutional Oversight of Life Sciences Dual Use Research of Concern
- OSTP Press Release on DURC Policy Release
- Framework for Guiding Funding Decisions about Research Proposals with the Potential for Generating Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza H5N1 Viruses that are Transmissible among Mammals by Respiratory Droplets
- USG March 29, 2012 DURC Policy