Clinical DiagnosticsFind the latest research on a wide range of molecular and serological assays currently available or under development:
Detection of Virus and Its Components (Including Molecular Diagnostics)
- "Multiplexed CRISPR-based microfluidic platform for clinical testing of respiratory viruses and identification of SARS-CoV-2 variants."
- "High Rates of Rapid Antigen Test Positivity After 5 Days of Isolation for COVID-19."
- "VarLOCK - sequencing independent, rapid detection of SARS-CoV-2 variants of concern for point-of-care testing, qPCR pipelines and national wastewater surveillance."
- "Minute-scale detection of SARS-CoV-2 using a low-cost biosensor composed of pencil graphite electrodes."
- "Massively scaled-up testing for SARS-CoV-2 RNA via next-generation sequencing of pooled and barcoded nasal and saliva samples."
- "LAMP-Seq enables sensitive, multiplexed COVID-19 diagnostics using molecular barcoding."
- "Sequencing SARS-CoV-2 Genomes from Saliva."
- A novel strategy for SARS-CoV-2 mass screening with quantitative antigen testing of saliva: a diagnostic accuracy study.
- Real-time SARS-CoV-2 diagnostic and variants tracking over multiple candidates using nanopore DNA sequencing.
- A Generic, Scalable, and Rapid Time-Resolved Förster Resonance Energy Transfer-Based Assay for Antigen Detection-SARS-CoV-2 as a Proof of Concept.
- An international, interlaboratory ring trial confirms the feasibility of an open-source, extraction-less "direct" RT-qPCR method for reliable detection of SARS-CoV-2 RNA in clinical samples.
- Simultaneous Detection and Mutation Surveillance of SARS-CoV-2 and co-infections of multiple respiratory viruses by Rapid field-deployable sequencing.
- Comparison of seven commercial SARS-CoV-2 rapid point-of-care antigen tests: a single-centre laboratory evaluation study.
- Digital Droplet PCR for SARS-CoV-2 Resolves Borderline Cases.
- Evaluation of the Abbott BinaxNOW rapid antigen test for SARS-CoV-2 infection in children: Implications for screening in a school setting.
- Head-to-head performance comparison of self-collected nasal versus professional-collected nasopharyngeal swab for a WHO-listed SARS-CoV-2 antigen-detecting rapid diagnostic test.
- Droplet Digital RT-PCR to detect SARS-CoV-2 variants of concern in wastewater.
- Performance and operational feasibility of antigen and antibody rapid diagnostic tests for COVID-19 in symptomatic and asymptomatic patients in Cameroon: a clinical, prospective, diagnostic accuracy study.
- Prolonged Unfrozen Storage and Repeated Freeze-Thawing of SARS-CoV-2 Patient Samples Have Minor Effects on SARS-CoV-2 Detectability by RT-PCR.
- Subgenomic RNA identification in SARS-CoV-2 genomic sequencing data.
- Specificity of SARS-CoV-2 Real-Time PCR Improved by Deep Learning Analysis.
- Detection of Mutations Associated with Variants of Concern Via High Throughput Sequencing of SARS-CoV-2 Isolated from NYC Wastewater.
- High-Throughput Wastewater SARS-CoV-2 Detection Enables Forecasting of Community Infection Dynamics in San Diego County.
- Saliva as a testing specimen with or without pooling for SARS-CoV-2 detection by multiplex RT-PCR test.
- Performance and Implementation Evaluation of the Abbott BinaxNOW Rapid Antigen Test in a High-throughput Drive-through Community Testing Site in Massachusetts.
- Detecting SARS-CoV-2 variants with SNP genotyping.
- S-variant SARS-CoV-2 lineage B1.1.7 is associated with significantly higher viral loads in samples tested by ThermoFisher TaqPath RT-qPCR.
- Performance Characteristics of BinaxNOW COVID-19 Antigen Card for Screening Asymptomatic Individuals in a University Setting.
- Real-life validation of the Panbio™ COVID-19 antigen rapid test (Abbott) in community-dwelling subjects with symptoms of potential SARS-CoV-2 infection.
- Performance of Oropharyngeal Swab Testing Compared With Nasopharyngeal Swab Testing for Diagnosis of Coronavirus Disease 2019-United States, January 2020-February 2020.
- Insight into the practical performance of RT-PCR testing for SARS-CoV-2 using serological data: a cohort study.
- Diagnostic Accuracy of the Panbio SARS-CoV-2 Antigen Rapid Test Compared with Rt-Pcr Testing of Nasopharyngeal Samples in the Pediatric Population.
- Evaluation of Abbott BinaxNOW Rapid Antigen Test for SARS-CoV-2 Infection at Two Community-Based Testing Sites - Pima County, Arizona, November 3-17, 2020.
- Strand-Specific Reverse Transcription PCR for Detection of Replicating SARS-CoV-2.
- Development of a quantitative one-step multiplex RT-qPCR assay for the detection of SARS-CoV-2 in a biological matrix.
- Digital droplet PCR accurately quantifies SARS-CoV-2 viral load from crude lysate without nucleic acid purification.
- Comparison of Saliva and Nasopharyngeal Swab Nucleic Acid Amplification Testing for Detection of SARS-CoV-2: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis.
- Development of a saliva-optimized RT-LAMP assay for SARS-CoV-2.
- Diagnostic performance and clinical implications of rapid SARS-CoV-2 antigen testing in Mexico using real-world nationwide COVID-19 registry data.
- Direct detection of SARS-CoV-2 RNA using high-contrast pH-sensitive dyes.
- IGI-LuNER: single-well multiplexed RT-qPCR test for SARS-CoV-2.
- Amplification-free detection of SARS-CoV-2 with CRISPR-Cas13a and mobile phone microscopy.
- A smartphone-read ultrasensitive and quantitative saliva test for COVID-19.
- *Research Tool Rapid detection of SARS-CoV-2 with Cas13.
- Reliable and accurate diagnostics from highly multiplexed sequencing assays.
- Rapid and sensitive detection of SARS-CoV-2 antibodies by biolayer interferometry.
- Rapid detection of SARS-CoV-2 with CRISPR-Cas12a.
- Variable sensitivity in molecular detection of SARS-CoV-2 in European Expert Laboratories: External Quality Assessment, June – July 2020.
Serology (Including Neutralization)
- "A high-throughput cell- and virus-free assay shows reduced neutralization of SARS-CoV-2 variants by COVID-19 convalescent plasma."
- "Assessing the quality of serological testing in the CoViD-19 pandemic: results of a European external quality assessment (EQA) scheme for anti-SARS-CoV-2 antibody detection."
- AACC Practical Recommendations for Implementing and Interpreting SARS-CoV-2 EUA and LDT Serologic Testing in Clinical Laboratories.
- Exploring beyond clinical routine SARS-CoV-2 serology using MultiCoV-Ab to evaluate endemic coronavirus cross-reactivity.
- Panbio™ rapid antigen test for SARS-CoV-2 has acceptable accuracy in symptomatic patients in primary health care.
- Comparison of sixteen serological SARS-CoV-2 immunoassays in sixteen clinical laboratories.
- *Research Tool Quantifying Absolute Neutralization Titers against SARS-CoV-2 by a Standardized Virus Neutralization Assay Allows for Cross-Cohort Comparisons of COVID-19 Sera.
- A multiplex chemiluminescent immunoassay for serological profiling of COVID-19-positive symptomatic and asymptomatic patients.
- Comparative performance of multiplex salivary and commercially available serologic assays to detect SARS-CoV-2 IgG and neutralization titers.
- A New SARS CoV-2 Dual Purpose Serology Test: Highly Accurate Infection Tracing and Neutralizing Antibody Response Detection.
- Evaluation of spike protein antigens for SARS-CoV-2 serology.
- Limited specificity of SARS-CoV-2 antigen-detecting rapid diagnostic tests at low temperatures.
- A flexible, pan-species, multi-antigen platform for the detection and monitoring of SARS-CoV-2-specific antibody responses.
- *Research Tool Flow cytometry multiplexed method for the detection of neutralizing human antibodies to the native SARS-CoV-2 spike protein.
- Comparison of Antibody Class Specific SARS-CoV-2 Serology for the Diagnosis of Acute COVID-19.
- *Research Tool Analysis of SARS-CoV-2 antibodies in COVID-19 convalescent blood using a coronavirus antigen microarray.
- Standardization of ELISA protocols for serosurveys of the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic using clinical and at-home blood sampling.
- Immunologic testing for SARS-CoV-2 infection from the antigen perspective.
- Development of a Rapid Point-Of-Care Test that Measures Neutralizing Antibodies to SARS-CoV-2.
- Characterization of a Pan-Immunoglobulin Assay Quantifying Antibodies Directed against the Receptor Binding Domain of the SARS-CoV-2 S1-Subunit of the Spike Protein: A Population-Based Study.