Clinical DiagnosticsFind the latest research on a wide range of molecular and serological assays currently available or under development:
Detection of Virus and Its Components (including Molecular Diagnostics)
- Articles to be added shortly
- *NEW A recurrent mutation at position 26,340 of SARS-CoV-2 is associated with failure of the E-gene qRT-PCR utilized in a commercial dual-target diagnostic assay.
- *NEW Analytical sensitivity and efficiency comparisons of SARS-CoV-2 RT-qPCR primer-probe sets.
- Use of Neutrophil-to-Lymphocyte and Platelet-to-Lymphocyte Ratios in COVID-19.
- Comparison of two commercial platforms and a laboratory developed test for detection of SARS-CoV-2 RNA.
- Novel multiple swab method enables high efficiency in SARS-CoV-2 screenings without loss of sensitivity for screening of a complete population.
- Advances in Detection of Infectious Agents by Aptamer-based Technologies.
- Deep throat saliva as an alternative diagnostic specimen type for the detection of SARS-CoV-2.
- Utility of Stool PCR for the Diagnosis of COVID-19: Comparison of Two Commercial Platforms.
- Assessment of sample pooling for clinical SARS-CoV-2 testing.
- Simulation of Pool Testing to Identify Patients With Coronavirus Disease 2019 Under Conditions of Limited Test Availability.
- Culture-based virus isolation to evaluate potential infectivity 1 of clinical specimens tested for COVID-19.
- Mass Spectrometric Identification of SARS-CoV-2 Proteins from Gargle Solution Samples of COVID-19 Patients.
- Nanotrap(R) particles improve detection of SARS-CoV-2 for pooled sample methods, extraction-free saliva methods, and extraction-free medium methods.
back to top
Serology (including Neutralization)
- Articles to be added shortly
- *NEW Rapid and sensitive detection of SARS-CoV-2 antibodies by biolayer interferometry.
- *NEW Dynamics and significance of the antibody response to SARS-CoV-2 infection.
- *NEW D614G Spike Variant Does Not Alter IgG, IgM, or IgA Spike Seroassay Performance.
- Analytical and clinical validation of an ELISA for specific SARS-CoV-2 IgG, IgA and IgM antibodies.
- Evaluation of six commercial mid to high volume antibody and six point of care lateral flow assays for detection of SARS-CoV-2 antibodies.
- An evaluation of COVID-19 serological assays informs future diagnostics and exposure assessment.
- Laboratory Assay Evaluation Demystified: A Review of Key Factors Influencing Interpretation of Test Results Using Different Assays for SARS-CoV-2 Infection Diagnosis.
- Novel SARS-CoV-2 specific antibody and neutralization assays reveal wide range of humoral immune response during COVID-19.
- Multiplex detection and dynamics of IgG antibodies to SARS-CoV2 and the highly pathogenic human coronaviruses SARS-CoV and MERS-CoV.
- Association between neutralizing antibodies to SARS-CoV-2 and commercial serological assays.
- COVID-19 serology at population scale: SARS-CoV-2-specific 2 antibody responses in saliva.
- The COVID-19 Serology Studies Workshop: Recommendations and Challenges.
- Hospital-Wide SARS-CoV-2 Antibody Screening in 3056 Staff in a Tertiary Center in Belgium.
- Development and validation of IMMUNO-COV™: a high-throughput clinical assay for detecting antibodies that neutralize SARS-CoV-2.
- A Digital Protein Microarray for COVID-19 Cytokine Storm Monitoring.
- Measuring SARS-CoV-2 neutralizing antibody activity using pseudotyped and chimeric viruses.