Careers at ASM
With 30,000 members, including researchers, educators and health professionals, ASM advances the microbial sciences through conferences, publications, certifications and educational opportunities. It enhances laboratory capacity around the globe through training and resources. It provides a network for scientists in academia, industry and clinical settings. Additionally, ASM promotes a deeper understanding of the microbial sciences to diverse audiences.
We offer competitive salaries, top-notch benefits and liberal PTO.
- Employee pays $0 toward their own health insurance.
- Holiday schedule includes the days between Christmas and New Year’s.
- 2022 Benefit Guide.
You can look for current career opportunities or search for specific jobs that match your interests. When you are ready to apply, please submit your application on our career opportunities web page.
How to Apply
Visit our Career Opportunities web page to submit your application.
Within the Career Opportunities page, you will be able to:
- Apply for jobs with ASM.
- Upload your cover letter and resume.
- Build your presence and include your previous employment history and education.
- Manage your contact information, including address, phone numbers and email address.
- Contact your references.
- View submitted applications, saved searches and a history of jobs to which you have applied.
- Please note: our system is accessible from smart phones and tablets.
ASM Employment Benefits
We're committed to providing employees and their families with a balanced, robust and competitive benefits package.
Machine-readable files are available in response to the federal Transparency in Coverage Rule and includes in-network negotiated service rates and out-of-network allowed amounts between health plans and healthcare providers. The machine-readable files are formatted to allow researchers, regulators, and application developers to more easily access and analyze data.
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Life and Accidental Death and Disability insurance
- Subsidies for parking or public transit
- Voluntary Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Supplemental Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous leave and sick leave policies
- Job-relevant tuition reimbursement
- Signal Financial Credit Union Access
- Wells Fargo At Work Program
- Flex time and telecommuting options
- Metro-accessible location
- Tickets at Work entertainment discount program
- Janney Retirement Investment Advisory Services