ASM Microbe 2021 Call for Proposals
The call for proposals for ASM Microbe 2021 is now closed.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submit a scientific session proposal for the following session formats:
- Cross-Track Symposia: Focuses on interdisciplinary topics of broad interest and showcases transcendent science. These sessions provide an opportunity to expand scientific knowledge and better understand new trends in the field of microbiology. (This symposia is 2 hours long and has 1 convener with 3 invited speakers and a panel discussion at the end.)
- In-depth Symposia: Addresses an important issue and/or research on a particular subject, with a diversity of knowledge and/or points of view presented by leading experts. Appropriate oral abstract presentations (selected from accepted abstracts) are included in the session. (This symposia is 2 hours long, has 1 convener with 2 invited speakers and 3-4 oral abstract presentations.)
- Track Hub: Highly interactive, short session on a track-specific topic held in informal, open hubs on the Exhibit Hall floor. (This track hub is 45 minutes long with 1 speaker.)
- Mini-Conference: Extended session or series of sessions focused on a specific subject area in the microbial sciences. (This mini-conference is 3.5 hours long, has 1 convener with up to 4 speakers, and the format is up to the submitter.)
- Course: Features a series of instructors that cover a selection of related subjects, typically presented in lecture format, and offered prior to the official start of the meeting for an additional fee. Some small group discussions and question/answer periods may be included. (This course can either be a half-day or full day with 1 convener and can have up to 4 presenters.)
- Workshop: Interactive learning and/or training experience that takes a deeper dive on a particular subject, career development topic, software or specialized equipment, and is offered prior to the official start of the meeting for an additional fee. (This workshop can either be a half-day or full day with 1 convener and can have up to 4 presenters.)
Please Note: More than 1 submission per submitter is welcomed for consideration. If you submitted an accepted proposal for ASM Microbe 2020, that proposal will not carry over to 2021. It will need to be resubmitted for consideration by the Program Committee for the ASM Microbe 2021 scientific program. Additionally, the Meet-the-Expert sessions will be programmed from accepted sessions by the Program Committee.
Resources, Support and Procedures
- Preparing your session proposal submission.
- Access a list of criteria that will be used by the Program Committee when reviewing proposals.
Convener and Speaker Travel Support
ASM Microbe will offer reduced registration and limited travel support to speakers presenting cross-track symposia, in-depth symposia, track hub and courses/workshops. Mini-conference conveners and speakers, and conveners who do not have a speaking role will be offered reduced registration.
After proposal submissions close, the Program Committee will review all proposals. The committee will meet in late-Aug. 2020 to develop the program, which includes incorporating session proposals submitted by members as much as possible.
Please note that we often receive multiple proposals on the same topic, and the Program Committee may choose to combine proposals into a single session. Committee members may also collaborate with session submitters to build from ideas provided in a session proposal, and develop them into a new session with a different focus than what was proposed.
Notification of the status of your proposal will be sent by September 15, 2020.
Please direct questions to email@example.com