Applied and Environmental ScienceThe Applied Environmental Science (AES) track fosters broad understanding and collaboration between 10 sub-tracks, based on a fundamental, shared interest in how microbes work in diverse environments. The AES track is designed for scientists with a variety of backgrounds in the basic sciences, engineering, public health and food production. Topics include basic and applied microbiology in soil, food, lakes and oceans, drinking water systems, deserts, urban population centers and other built environments.
- AES01 - Agricultural Systems Microbiolog.
- AES02 - Food Systems & Food Fermentations Microbiology.
- AES03 - Engineered, Built and Urban Environments Microbiology.
- AES04 - Wastewater and Drinking Water Microbiology.
- AES05 - Industrial Microbiology: Bioproductions, Bioconversions and Fermentations.
- AES06 - Bioengineering: Synthetic Biology, Metabolic Engineering, Bioproducts, Biofuels & Mor.
- AES07 - Source Tracking: Non-clinical Microbial & AMR Detection and Monitoring.
- AES08 - Biotransformations: Bioremediation, Biodegradation, Biofouling and Biocorrosion.
- AES09 - Marine and Freshwater Microbiology.
- AES10 - Terrestrial, Extraterrestrial & Extreme Environments Microbiology.