A key objective in the ASM mission is to serve as a forum for microbial sciences. We do this by publishing journals and books, as well as by organizing and sponsoring meetings and other scientific gatherings.
Through the ASM Conference Grant Program, ASM will award competitive-funding requests up to $10,000 for member-driven and organized conferences, workshops and symposia. Awards in the first round of funding ranged from $2,000 – $7,500.
Congratulations to the 2018 ASM Conference Grant Recipients!
Colorado State University
University of Minnesota, Twin Cities
Northwestern College Ann Progulske-Fox University of Florida
The University of Maryland
Chlamydia Basic Research Society
University of Texas McGovern Medical School
Corrie Detweiler and Manuela Raffatellu University of Colorado, Boulder &
University of California, San Diego
University of Virginia
Grant for: 2019 Mid-Atlantic Microbial Pathogenesis Meeting
Grant for: Cellular Biology of Eukaryotic Pathogens (CBEP) Meeting
Florida International University
Grant for: 17th International Conference - Pseudomonas 2019
Grant for: Careers in Teaching Academia: Becoming a Virologist at a Teaching-focused Institution
Georgia Institute of Technology
Grant for: Evolution of Complex Life Conference
Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro
Grant for: ASM Workshop on Science Communication and Outreach
Georgetown University (GU)
Grant for: Emerging Artemisinin Resistance (ArtR)
Program DetailsThe goals of this program are to:
- Empower organizers to decide on the style, format and venue of the meeting.
- Enable ASM to support its members by supporting conferences they organize.
- Highlight special topics that support new and emerging areas of interdisciplinary research and support fundamental areas across the microbial sciences.
- Foster communication and collaboration across ASM groups.
- Promote speaker diversity and provide career development opportunities for early career microbiologists.
- April 1, 2019 (application will open late-February)
- October 1, 2019 (application will open late-August)
EligibilityTo qualify for this program, you must:
- Be an ASM Member.