Learning ObjectivesAfter completing this lesson, students will be able to do the following:
- Identify dependent and independent variables, as well as appropriate experimental controls.
- Use initial observations and prior knowledge to form a hypothesis.
- Explain the relationship between food and growth.
Science StandardsThis lesson addresses National Science Education Standards (1996):
- Science as Inquiry – Plan and Conduct a Simple Investigation
- Science as Inquiry – Employ Simple Equipment And Tools To Gather Data And Extend The Senses
- Science as Inquiry – Use Data To Construct A Reasonable Explanation
- Science as Inquiry – Communicate Investigations and Explanations
- Life Science – Organisms and Their Environments
- Physical Science – Properties of Objects and Materials