Today we’re talking about testing in schools for COVID-19, and about recalls of SARS-CoV-2 tests due to false positive results, and, about whether we are ready to go to in-person scientific and medical meetings.
- Dr. Elitza Theel, Director of the Infectious Diseases Serology laboratory at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota
- Dr. Melissa Miller is a professor of pathology and laboratory medicine at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Medicine.
- School Testing for COVID-19. https://www.cp24.com/news/toronto-school-parents-set-up-diy-covid-19-surveillance-testing-program-1.5590772 and https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/19/health/coronavirus-school-quarantine-testing.html
- False positive COVID-19 tests. https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/view-hosts-say-they-had-false-positive-covid-tests-during-n1280183 and https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/05/health/at-home-covid-tests-recall.html
- Return to In-Person Meetings? https://blogs.jwatch.org/hiv-id-observations/