Candida auris is an urgent and high-priority antimicrobial resistant organisms. COVID-19 appears to have increased the identification of this pathogen in vulnerable patients. We discuss with experts the emergence of Candida auris and its relationship with COVID-19.
- C. auris as an emergent nosocomial pathogen.
- Recent outbreaks of C. auris in COVID-19 patients.
- Therapeutic approaches for C. auris.
- Dr. Sevtap Arikan-Akdagli, Director, Department of Medical Microbiology, Head of Mycology Laboratory, Hacettepe University Medical School, Ankara, Turkey.
- Dr. Bhavarth Shukla. Assistant Professor of Medicine, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine and Director of Infection Control, University of Miami Health System. Miami, Fla.
- Dr. Dimitrios P. Kontoyiannis, Robert C Hickey Chair in Clinical Care, Deputy Head, Division of Internal Medicine, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas.
Visit journals.asm.org/journal/aac to browse issues and/or submit a manuscript.