Fermentation is a wonderful thing! Thanks to new technologies and cheaper sequencing we are now able to dig deep into the microbial friends that supply fermentation for so many wonderful foods and drinks.
- Why cheese?
- Other fermented foods that can help shed light on microbial dynamics
- Employing metabolomics to explore fermented food
- mSystems papers that focuses on fermented foods
- What are the gaps in understanding and what kind of technologies could help to further understanding?
- Pushing the frontiers of the field
- Consequences of a better understanding of fermented food microbiology
Visit msystems.asm.org to read articles and/or submit a manuscript.