During the pandemic, the need to develop therapeutic approaches became critical and so did the need to study them in a structured way to critically evaluate their effectiveness. Innovative strategies to conduct clinical trials under difficult circumstances were required. We'll discuss these strategies with some people who created them!
- The main challenges to conduct clinical trials in the middle of a pandemic both in the developed and developing world.
- Strategies for patient recruitment and evaluation.
- The future strategies to study new therapies for emerging pathogens.
- David Boulware, MD MPH. Professor of Medicine and Infectious Diseases, University of Minnesota.
- Eduardo López-Medina, MD. Assistant Professor of Pediatrics at Universidad del Valle, and Director of Pediatric Infectious Diseases, Centro Medico Imbanaco, Cali Colombia.
Visit journals.asm.org/journal/aac to browse issues and/or submit a manuscript.