AAC Launches a new section. New perspectives on antimicrobial agents seeks to provide a clinically-oriented, concise summary supported by emerging clinical trial and/or real-world data. Our first article will be focused on remdesivir.
Co-host: Dr. Ryan Shields
- Review the rationale for the use of remdesivir against SARS-CoV-2
- Discuss the clinical data supporting the use of remdesivir for COVID-19
- Elaborate on future studies and knowledge gaps for the use of remdesivir
We have decided to launch the section with a special focus on remdesivir, currently the only FDA-approved drug to treat COVID-19. Joining me today to discuss this are the proud lead authors of the firs paper of the new section. Ryan please introduce our guests
- Dr. Muneerah Aleissa: Postdoctoral research fellow, Brigham’s and Women Hospital, Harvard Medical School.
- Dr. Francisco Marty: Associate Physician, Brigham and Women's Hospital and Associate Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School.
Visit aac.asm.org to browse issues and/or submit a manuscript.