Why are we running out of antibiotics? A look at the pharmaceutical development of one of the most life-saving class of drugs.
- The reasons behind the stagnant and declining antibiotic development pipeline.
- New initiatives focused on stimulating the antibiotic market.
- Strategies to spur the antibiotic development.
- Helen Boucher, MD, Professor of Medicine and Chief, Division of Geographic Medicine and Infectious Diseases, Tufts Medical Center, Editor of AAC.
- Karen Bush, Ph.D., Professor of Practice & Interim Director, Biotechnology Program Indiana University. Former Editor AAC.
Visit aac.asm.org to browse issues and/or submit a manuscript.