Let's talk about total laboratory automation in the clinical microbiology laboratory. Highly automated systems are fairly common in the clinical chemistry and hematology labs, and they are increasingly common in clinical microbiology. Here are some of the questions we'll answer today:
- What does total laboratory automation look like in the clinical microbiology laboratory? Are there still manual steps required? In other words, how total is total?
- What are the benefits of total laboratory automation? Is it good for the lab staff, the caregivers, or - best of all - the patients?
- What is it like to convert your lab to total laboratory automation? What kind of time and resources are needed?
- Machine Learning Takes Laboratory Automation to the Next Level, by B. Ford and E. McElvania.
- Evaluation of the WASPLab Segregation Software To Automatically Analyze Urine Cultures Using Routine Blood and MacConkey Agars by M. Faron et al.
- Enhanced Recovery of Fastidious Organisms from Urine Culture in the Setting of Total Laboratory Automation by W. Lainhart and C-A Burnham.
- Total Laboratory Automation: a Micro-Comic Strip by C-A Burnham and A. McAdam.