AAC just published a review from the WHO advisory panel on the antibacterial pipeline analyzing ‘traditional’ and ‘non-traditional’ antibacterial agents and modulators in clinical development current on 30 June 2021 with activity against the WHO priority pathogens, mycobacteria and Clostridioides difficile. Today, we will dissect this important publication
- The role of the WHO in antimicrobial resistance.
- The analysis of the antibacterial pipeline.
- Important highlights from the review and the future of antibacterial research.
- Dr. Peter Beyer, Senior Advisor for the Antimicrobial Resistance Division at the World Health Organization.
- Dr. Mark Butler, MSBChem Consulting, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia.
- Dr. Prabhavathi Fernandes. Member, Scientific Advisory Committee, GARDP, Geneva, Switzerlandand The National Biodefense Science 17Board, Health and Human Services, Washington, D.C.
Visit journals.asm.org to browse issues and/or submit a manuscript.