TWiM explains how photoferrotrophic bacteria initiated plate tectonics over 2500 million years ago, and how two bacteria work together to cause childhood tooth decay.
Become a patron of TWiM.
Links for this episode
- Bacteria initiated plate tectonics (Geophys Res Lett)
- Medea hypothesis (Sci Am)
- Earth’s ferrous wheel (Nature)
- The Great Dying (Nova)
- The Great Oxidation Event (ASM)
- Banded iron formations (EarthSphere)
- S. sputigena and tooth decay (Nat Comm)
- Acid tolerance mechanisms of S. mutans (Fut. Micro.)
- Halitosis patients' tongue biofilm (Microbiol. Open)
- Take the TWiM Listener survey!
Send your microbiology questions and comments (email or recorded audio) to email@example.com