TWiM reveals that breast milk bioactives are essential for development of the infant microbiome and immunity, and how capsule mutants of Klebsiella pneumoniae can affect bacterial pathogenesis.
Become a patron of TWiM.
Links for this episode
- Diet-microbe-host interaction in early life (Science)
- Human Milk: An Ideal Food (Front Ped)
- Determinants of Diabetes in the Young (Ann NY Acad Sci)
- Gut microbiome in early childhood (Nature)
- Probiotics Infloran and Labinic
- Cell envelope defects of Klebsiella pneumoniae (Mol Micro)
- A cautionary tale (Mol Micro)
- Global mortality associated with bacterial pathogens (Lancet)
- Take the TWiM Listener survey!
Send your microbiology questions and comments (email or recorded audio) to firstname.lastname@example.org