Julie joins the TWiM team to reveal how microbiome and gut anatomy of a wood-feeding beetle promotes lignocellulose deconstruction, and bacteria that degrade PET plastic.
Guest: Julie Wolf
Subscribe to TWiM (free) on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Android, RSS, or by email. Get the entire ASM Podcast Network via our Microbeworld app.
Become a patron of TWiM.
Links for This Episode
- How wood-feeding beetles deconstruct lignocellulose (PNAS)
- Meet the Microbiologist hosted by Julie Wolf
- Bacteria that degrade PET plastic (Micr Res Ann)
- Microbiology resource of the month (ASM)
- Morgan Vague's TED talk
- Pacific garbage patch (Pacific Beach Coal)
- NOAA marine debris program
- National Geographic's Planet or Plastic Campaign
- Image credit
- TWiM Listener survey