Cedric and John join TWiV to discuss their research showing that a human protein derived from an ancient retrovirus infection can protect against infection by other retroviruses.
Guests: Cedric Feschotte and John Anthony Frank
Links for this episode
- Support MicrobeTV with a Spike t-shirt (Vaccinated.us) with promo code MicrobeTV 6:41
- Cedric on TWiV 935 1:24
- Antiviral retroviral protein (Science) 8:24
- Stealing genes, facing consequences (Science) 47:37
- Letters read on TWiV 956 1:04:42
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Science Picks 1:27:05
Kathy – Wastewater Dashboard
Rich – Artemis I Mission; Artemis I launch; Artemis I Map
Vincent – Pasta Grammar
Rich – Watch a virus in the moments before it attacks
Justin – Respiratory syncytial virus
Subscribe (free): Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, RSS, email
Become a patron of TWiV!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees.
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com.