TWiV reviews SARS-CoV-2 infection of wild white-tailed deer in the U.S., mRNA vaccine-mediated protection by spike-specific T cells before detection of neutralizing antibodies, and recovery from SARS-CoV-2 infection in T-cell-depleted rhesus macaques.
Links for This Episode
- SARS-CoV-2 in wild deer (bioRxiv) 12:05.
- Rapid T cell induction by mRNA vaccine (Nature) 26:28.
- T cell depleted macaques recover from SARS-CoV-2 infection (mBio) 48:11.
- Letters read on TWiV 791 1:17:03.
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Science Picks 1:45:19
Dickson – Virgin Hyperloop shows off the future.
Brianne – BioNumbers.
Rich – Advice will evolve as COVID situation changes.
Alan – Mars Perseverance-themed geocaching swag.
Vincent – Mattel's Barbie Turns Women Of Science, Including COVID Vaccine Developer, Into Dolls.
Nancy – Vaccines at a Party.
Jeff – How to Survive a Plague, Part 2.
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe (free): iTunes, Google Podcasts, RSS, email.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees.