The TWiVy team deconstructs CoronaVac, the inactivated SARS-CoV-2 vaccine produced by Sinovac Biotech, and production of multivalent camelid nanobodies that block infection with the virus and suppress selection of neturalization-resistant variants.
Links for This Episode
- David Kessler to head Operation Warp Speed (NY Times) 3:51.
- Phase 1/2 results of Sinovac inactivated vaccine (Lancet) 6:09.
- beta-propiolactone (Wikipedia) 13:11.
- Multivalent anti-SARS-CoV-2 nanobodies (Science) 50:02.
- Letters read on TWiV 708 1:17:16.
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Science Picks 1:43:43
Dickson – Photos of mob attacking Capitol.
Brianne – Video of Neutrophil Phagocytosis.
Alan – Fishing Through the Apocalypse.
Rich – A Word on Statistics by Wislawa Szymborska.
Vincent – Letters from an American.
Mike – Have the new jab.
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com
Subscribe (free): iTunes, Google Podcasts, RSS, email.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees.