A TWiV duo reviews how SARS-CoV-2 attacks the olfactory mucosa but spares the olfactory bulb, vaccination with BNT162b2 induces virus-specific stem cell memory T cells, and development of an oral protease inhibitor for the treatment of COVID-19.
Links for This Episode
- How SARS-CoV-2 attacks olfactory mucosa (Cell) 3:00.
- SARS-CoV-2-specific stem cell memory T cells after mRNA vaccine (Sci Immunol) 20:21.
- Oral SARS-CoV-2 protease inhibitor (Science) 50:40.
- Paxlovid phase 2/3 trial preliminary results (Pfizer) 1:13:27.
- Letters read on TWiV 829 1:16:08.
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Science Picks 1:29:29
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com
Become a patron of TWiV!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees.