Ari and Kishana, two of the founders of Black in Microbiology, join TWiV to discuss the goals of the organization, then we review pauses of J&J and Lilly COVID-19 vaccine trials, preclinical studies of Regeneron's SARS-CoV-2 monoclonal antibody cocktail, reinfection of a patient in Nevada, and listener questions.
Ari Kozik and Kishana Taylor.
Links for This Episode
- Black microbiologists push for visibility (NY Times).
- Black in Microbiology keynotes (YouTube).
- Black in Microbiology.
- Black in Neuro.
- AstroKate rides again (and on TWiV 444).
- COVID-19 testing strategy calculator (and medRxiv preprint).
- Pause of J&J vaccine trial (STAT).
- Pause of Lilly mAb trial (NY Times).
- REGN-CoV-2 mAbs in animals (Science).
- Regeneron investor slides on mAb phase 3.
- SARS-CoV-2 reinfection in US (Lancet Inf Dis).
- Letters read on TWiV 672.
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Science Picks
Brianne – A Lab of One's Own by Rita Colwell.
Kathy – Endonym map.
Rich – "The Coronavirus Unveiled" by Carl Zimmer.
Vincent – Principles of Virology 5th Edition.
Les – Coronavirus cake.
Mary – Choir finds a way to sing.
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe (free): iTunes, Google Podcasts, RSS, email.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees.