In COVID-19 clinical update #79, Daniel Griffin discusses clinical management guidelines, ER visits and hospitalization among children, infection and vaccine induced seroprevalence in the U.S., antibodies in Kenyan blood donors, infections after vaccination, anticoagulation for thromboprophylaxis, baracitinib efficacy, long-term symptoms in adults, and sustained symptoms after severe disease.
Links for This Episode
- Overlooked shortcomings of observational studies (Op For Inf Dis) 2:24.
- Guidelines for clinical management (Op For Inf Dis) 5:57.
- ER visits and hospitalization among children (MMWR) 9:08.
- Hospitalization of adolescents (MMWR) 10:15.
- Seroprevalence in the US (JAMA) 12:50.
- Seroprevalence in Kenya (JAMA) 14:40.
- Infections after vaccine (medRxiv) 18:02.
- Israel data dashboard 18:18.
- Guidelines on anticoagulation for thromboprophylaxis (Blood Adv) 22:30.
- Baricitinib efficacy (Lancet) 24:24.
- Long term symptoms, US adults (MMWR) 27:28.
- Severe disease associated with long term symptoms (medRxiv) 28:40.
- Letters read on TWiV 803 32:12.
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe (free): iTunes, Google Podcasts, RSS, email.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees.