In this COVID-19 clinical update #46, Daniel Griffin discusses the BinaxNow rapid antigen test, efficacy of Bamlanivimab in nursing homes, associations of serum vitamin D concentrations with in-hospital mortality and need for invasive mechanical ventilation, trials of IL-6 receptor antagonists, effects of anticoagulants on in-hospital mortality, and symptom persistence in outpatients.
Links for This Episode
- Evaluation of Abbott BinaxNOW (MMWR) 17:00.
- Lilly mAb in nursing homes (WSJ) 18:16.
- Vitamin D and COVID-19 severity (Mayo Clin Proc) 19:56.
- Anticoagulation, aspirin, in-hospital mortality in COVID-19 (medRxiv) 21:19.
- Long COVID symptoms in outpatients (Ann Int Med) 27:07.
- Letters read on TWiV 710 27:48.
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com
Become a patron of TWiV!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees.