In COVID-19 clinical update #51, Daniel Griffin reviews use of 2 masks, effectiveness of testing in nursing homes, updates on vaccines, use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, little effect of vitamin D and remdesivir in clinical studies, and a long COVID research initiative from NIH.
Links for This Episode
- Updated NYC mask guidance (NYC Health) 6:04.
- Two masks recommended (CDC).
- Effectiveness of testing in nursing homes (Clin Inf Dis) 7:23.
- Vaccine reactogenicity and antibody response after COVID-19 (medRxiv) 9:33.
- Bamlanivimab alone or with Etesevimab (JAMA) 13:46.
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and death (BMJ) 16:46.
- Budesonide and COVID-19 (medRxiv) 17:20.
- No effect of vitamin D high dose (JAMA) 22:34.
- Remdesivir little effect on hospitalized patients (NEJM) 25:00.
- Sequelae 6 months after infection (JAMA) 25:45.
- Long COVID initiative (NIH) 27:05.
- Letters read on TWiV 724 29:29.
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe (free): iTunes, Google Podcasts, RSS, email.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees.