Doris Cully joins TWiV to discuss inhibition of SARS-CoV-2 in cell culture by ivermectin, followed by continuing analysis of the coronavirus pandemic caused by SARS-CoV-2 including COVID-19 in Nadia the tiger, and prediction of respiratory failure by levels of IL-6.
Guest: Doris Cully
Links for This Episode
- Ivermectin inhibits SARS-CoV-2 in cell culture (Antiviral Res)
- Tiger at NY Zoo positive for SARS-CoV-2 (BBC)
- IL-6 level predicts respiratory failure in COVID-19 patients (medRxiv)
- Infection fatality rate for managing pandemic (virology blog)
- Image credit
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Become a patron of TWiV!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees.
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org