Kizzmekia Corbett joins TWiV to review her career and her work on respiratory syncytial virus, influenza virus, and coronaviruses and coronavirus vaccines, including her role in development and testing of a spike-encoding mRNA vaccine, and then we review the Nobel Prize for discovery of hepatitis C virus.
Links for This Episode
- Pre-fusion structure of CoV spike (Nature).
- Pre-fusion structure of SARS-CoV-2 spike (Science).
- Evaluation of mRNA-1273 in nonhuman primates (NEJM).
- SARS-CoV-2 vaccine from pandemic preparedness (Nature).
- Nanoparticulate universal influenza vaccine from stem antigens (mBio).
- Biological safety officer position at Columbia U.
- Medicine Nobel Prize for Hepatitis C virus (PDF).
- Alter's work on non-A non-B hepatitis (paper one, paper two).
- Houghton: single clone of HCV genome (Science).
- Rice: Transmission of hepatitis C to chimpanzee (Science).
- Charlie Rice on TWiV 392.
- Chemistry Nobel Prize to Doudna and Charpentier (Nobel.org).
- FDA releases stricter guidelines for COVID-19 vaccines (NY Times, FDA PDF).
- Bullet points of Das coronavirus.
- Recovery of 1918 influenza virus stories (one, two).
- Letters read on TWiV 670.
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Science Picks
Sandra – Learn Medical Research.
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com
Become a patron of TWiV!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees.