TWiV explains what is known about cases of acute, severe hepatitis of unknown origin in children, and discovery of an inhibitor of TMPRSS2 protease that blocks SARS-CoV-2 infection.
Links for This Episode
- Severe hepatitis in children (WHO) 2:48.
- TMPRSS2 inhibitor (Nature) 18:45.
- Omicron less dependent on TMPRSS2 (TWiV 879) 20:46.
- Letters read on TWiV 894 54:37.
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Science Picks 1:25:29
Brianne – Apple AirTag.
Kathy – Dental art/sculpture/mobile/chandelier.
Alan – Vintage Radio and Communications Museum of Connecticut.
Vincent – For the Love of Enzymes by Arthur Kornberg.
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com
Become a patron of TWiV!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees.