TWiV reviews the results of a study in which 36 volunteers were infected with SARS-CoV-2, and what was learned about the kinetics of virus reproduction in the nose and throat, development of symptoms, and reliability of lateral flow antigen assays.
Links for This Episode
- Vaccine Town Hall (ASV).
- Columbia University BSL-3 Manager position 1:55.
- UK SARS-CoV-2 challenge study (Res Sq) 2:44.
- U of Pennsylvania smell test (Wikipedia) 52:26.
- Letters read on TWiV 863 1:38:26.
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Science Picks 1:19:26
Dickson – Webb team begins aligning telescope.
Brianne – Our Solar System in True Color Is Really Something Else.
Rich – When the International Space Station retires, it will plunge into the ocean to die.
Vincent – Gateway Program and What One Really Expensive Means to US Train Travel.
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com
Become a patron of TWiV!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees.